Get Professional Assistance from an Adoption Lawyer in Berks County, PA
Adoption is a wonderful option for many individuals. However, the adoption process is somewhat complex, and may require an adoption attorney in order to navigate properly. If you’re in the Berks County, PA area, then consider calling John J. Grenko, Attorney at Law. Attorney Grenko can help you prepare for home interviews, file paperwork, and otherwise help you prepare to adopt a child. Additionally, he can explain Pennsylvania adoption laws and clarify any legal concerns. Get in contact today to speak to a qualified adoption lawyer.
Attorney Grenko has been practicing for four decade and serves areas throughout the Berks County, PA area, including:
- Reading, PA
- Bernville, PA
- Leesport, PA
- Fleetwood, PA
- Lyons, PA
- Birdsboro, PA
- Shillington, PA
- Bethel, PA
- Hamburg, PA
- Lenhartsville, PA
- Kempton, PA
- Kutztown, PA
Call John J. Grenko, Adoption Attorney
Facing the adoption process is exciting, but it can be intimidating for those unfamiliar with it. Obtaining an adoption attorney is an excellent first step to handling adoption. As your adoption lawyer, John Grenko can help with a number of aspects, whether that involves going with you to the adoption hearing, filing paperwork on your behalf, or helping you understand certain concepts. So, consider calling an adoption attorney today.
Pennsylvania Adoption Laws
In Pennsylvania, there are no specific rules about who can and cannot be adopted. Similarly, anyone can adopt, provided they successfully complete all the necessary steps. Children over 12, however, must give consent to the adoption process.
Pennsylvania adoption laws generally require getting agreement from the birth parents. Additionally, the birth parents may be allowed to meet with their child again under certain circumstances. It’s important to discuss this with an adoption lawyer in order to best determine how this should be handled.
If you’d like more information on Pennsylvania adoption laws, then call Attorney Grenko. With decades of experience behind him, he’s perfectly equipped to prepare you for any of the challenges you might face.
We Can Guide You Through the Adoption Process
The adoption process is rather lengthy, but can be incredibly rewarding for those who see it through. The steps are as follows:
- Attend Orientation: The first step for many individuals is to go through orientation. This prepares you for what the adoption process will entail.
- Apply: After orientation, an application must be completed and submitted. An adoption lawyer can help you if you need any assistance with the paperwork. You’ll have to give information about your education and current living situation, provide references, and undergo a background check, among other things.
- Complete a Home Study: This gives an agent the chance to come and examine your living situation themselves. They will also likely conduct interviews with you and anyone living in your home. If you’re working with an adoption lawyer, then ask them for advice on how to prepare.
- Get Training: Pennsylvania also requires you to go through a parental training process before you’re able to adopt.
- Go Through Placement Procedures: This involves meeting with a child to determine whether they’re a good fit for your family, as well as working with social workers and completing any extra training.
- Submit a Court Request: Another area where an adoption lawyer can be invaluable. This involves filing a document with the court that formally requests a legal adoption. After this, you will also be required to file a formal petition for adoption.
- Attend a Hearing: The adoption hearing is the final step in the adoption process. The judge will ultimately decide whether or not to honor your request for adoption.
The adoption process can seem intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be with the right lawyer. Call John J. Grenko, Attorney at Law today and get the support you deserve.
The information contained on this website is presented for informational and marketing purposes only and is not to be understood as legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice respecting your individual needs. John J Grenko Attorney at Law looks forward to speaking with you about your particular needs. Please note, however, that the mere act of contacting our firm does not create an attorney-client relationship. As a result, you should never send any confidential information to our office until a Representation Agreement has been signed by both you and John J Grenko Attorney at Law